Video Viewing Tips
Selecting a Media Player
To enlarge the video or gain more play control, download the original video (linked below the video on the site). Use a media player that allows the following recommended options to play the video:
- Speed Control: Allows for playing the video in slow motion or fast motion.
- Frame Advance: Buttons that advance the video one frame at a time, forward or backwards.
- Loop: Allows for the video to replay continuously.
Windows Media Player: Use the menu to select view > enhancements > play speed settings. This provides additional video controls.
Recommendations While Viewing
- Use frame advance to focus in on the critical positions of the movement pattern. This allows for obtaining angle numbers for a desired position.
- Compare two or more videos by opening multiple media player windows at the same time. Put them side by side to compare one to the other.
- Spend some time watching the video at regular speed, allowing it to loop over and over again. Focusing on the movement in real time can be helpful for learning the movement as it is to be performed in person.