Tennis Pre and Post Serve
Scoring Rubric for Serve in Tennis
Skill Criteria (1 pt for each done correctly)
- Right hand index knuckle on second bevel.
- Point left foot toward right net post or, if left handed, right foot toward left net post.
- Back foot in comfortable position
- Hold ball in finger pads
- Hold the ball down by leg
- Gently toss the ball high
- Keep arm straight all the way up
- Hold arm up until ball contacts racket
- Hit high and in front of you
- Racket motion is just like throwing a ball
- Arm action comes across the body
- The shoulder of the arm that hits the serve replaces where the other shoulder was